A new year has arrived and it is now time for you to address your teams in the best possible way! Why not use video to do so?
Why share your New Year's greetings with your employees on video?
- As teleworking has become more widespread, it can sometimes be complicated to get all your teams together in the same place, at the same time... Video is therefore the ideal solution to thank your employees for their involvement and their work.
- With video, you can be sure that the message is the same: no jealousy, everyone gets the same information!
- Your message is durable: once your message has been recorded, make sure to share it with the one who could not watch it live. You are thus sure to address the greatest number of people wherever they are and whenever they watch it!
- Take it a step further by using interactive video. Think big by integrating attachments (e.g. an end-of-year statistical report), polls or open questions (e.g. "What are your professional ambitions for the new year?" or "What do you see as the priorities for this year?") etc. All in all, a good way to captivate your audience around your message!
You have two choices when it comes to communicating your wishes: live or recorded. Both formats have different advantages but not the same impact. Let's see which one will best suit your needs.
Live streaming: share a more authentic message
If you are looking to address your teams in the same way as you would in a face-to-face meeting, then this is the format that best suits you!
Use a video conferencing solution such as Zoom or Google Meet for example, to broadcast a message as you would have done to start a meeting remotely: you and your teams activate your cameras, then you deliver your speech while allowing your audience to interact. The exchange is more "human" as soon as your teams activate their cameras. In short, the ideal option for copying a face-to-face situation.
You can also broadcast a live message and make it available asynchronously using the live feature on the WebStudio by UbiCast. Here are the main advantages:
- you can broadcast to more people simultaneously.
- live interaction is still possible thanks to the sidebar.
- you can enrich your videos live or recorded thanks to the replay that will be generated after the live is over. And if you are not satisfied with the result of your live message, you can always edit your media by cutting out certain moments for example before sharing the replay!
- your videos are safe: by using UbiCast's private platform, Nudgis, you can be sure that your data will not leak! A real advantage, especially when broadcasting a message containing confidential information.
Pre-recorded videos: a more sophisticated message
If you prefer to focus on form and want your message to be as concise as possible while being attractive and engaging for your teams, the asynchronous format is your best ally!
By pre-recording your speech, you have the whole control over your image and communication:
- script your video beforehand so that you have your speech in mind (the main points and any interactive elements you wish to add: attachments, chapters, polls, etc.). Do not hesitate to use our template to better structure your video step by step.
- record your video in one click.
- edit your media: cut out moments that are too long, remove blanks, etc. to make your video even more concise!
- add interactivity to your video to engage your audience.
- share it with as many people as possible!
You now have all the keys in hand to deliver your New Year message to your teams in the best possible way! Choose live if you are comfortable with the exercise and you want your audience to view your message at the same time, a good way of copying the face-to-face format as much as possible; or choose the asynchronous format by recording your message in advance, which will give you more control over your image and allow you to enrich your video with attachments and give your audience the opportunity to interact by posting comments!